Today has been a quiet day for the most part. I've had the house to myself and I'm just having some much needed down time alone! ...Having coffee, listening to music (that isn't coming from a show on Noggin), practicing guitar and of course, working on a drawing! Decided to just work on some sketching and did a life size study of my left hand holding a small apple. This drawing is on plain white paper with pencil. I like the way it turned out; pleasant contrasts of shadow and light around the bottom of the apple and palm of the hand. So, to enhance to contrasts more, I may do the drawing again using colored paper to serve as the middle value and punch up the lights and darks with white and black pencils respectively...
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Hand Study
Today has been a quiet day for the most part. I've had the house to myself and I'm just having some much needed down time alone! ...Having coffee, listening to music (that isn't coming from a show on Noggin), practicing guitar and of course, working on a drawing! Decided to just work on some sketching and did a life size study of my left hand holding a small apple. This drawing is on plain white paper with pencil. I like the way it turned out; pleasant contrasts of shadow and light around the bottom of the apple and palm of the hand. So, to enhance to contrasts more, I may do the drawing again using colored paper to serve as the middle value and punch up the lights and darks with white and black pencils respectively...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very nice drawing. I agree with your comments but honestly, I think the likeness of your hand is too masculine. But if you hadn't mentioned that it was your hand, I wouldn't have had anything but praise for this wonderful drawing.
Nice job.
Post a Comment